Multidisciplinary research in global context
Research in the International Business Unit focuses on international management, cross-boundary collaboration and methodology.
Our current research areas include:
- people management in international context
- language sensitive research in international business
- cross-sector and cross-border collaboration
- international entrepreneurship
- research methodology
- sustainability and corporate social responsibility.
Our faculty hosts regular international research seminars and is actively engaged in research collaboration with other top international scholars.
Our faculty is well known for their cutting-edge contributions to international human resource management, led by Kristiina Mäkelä, to language in IB research, led by Rebecca Piekkari, and to cross sector collaboration between corporations, nonprofits and governments, led by Tiina Ritvala.
Furthermore, our expertise is world class in the field of qualitative methods, particularly the use of case studies in IB research, led by Rebecca Piekkari.
Publications in top journals
Our unit is one of the leading International Business units in Europe which reflects in awards given to our faculty, as well as in publications in top journals, such as:
- Academy of Management Review
- Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Management Journal
- International Business Review
- Journal of International Business Studies
- Journal of Management Studies
- Journal of World Business.